D300 Food Pantry held their 2023 annual meeting and award ceremony last night at the D300 Central Administration offices last night. Leslie LaMarca, Executive Director of the D300 Food Pantry, shared highlights from the 2022 year and awarded three community partners and one volunteer with awards.
Some highlights from 2022:
- 1,206 unique children served
- 530 unique households served
- 2,450 unique individuals served
- 123 food distributions from pantry shopping, box pickup, special deliveries and Eagles Wings distributions
- 159 tons of food collected
Three community partner awards were handed out:
- Representative Suzanne Ness and her staff: for the diaper drives and donations made through the year
- Bimbos Bakery: for the generous donation of baked goods including breads, pastries and other baked goods
- Butcher on the Block: for the generous donations through the year of meats, particularly around the holidays
And finally, the coveted Volunteer of the Year award was given to Jessica “Jessi” Szczypinski for her dedication. Jessi became an integral part of the pantry team this year, volunteering her time week after week. She has worked every shift, and stepped in to lead when we were short handed, volunteered for extra pantry events and really built her knowledge of all the happenings at the pantry. She has continued to share her love for the pantry in the community, organizing food drives with her school’s PTO, and inviting new people to come and volunteer with us.