D300 Food Pantry, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, is an agency of the Northern Illinois Food Bank as an in-school food pantry for School District 300 (CUSD 300), students, their families and employees. Our organization is 100% volunteer run and 100% donation funded.
The Executive Director (“ED”) is a critical and major role focused on ensuring the financial viability of the pantry by seeking grant opportunities and soliciting contributions. The ED is the primary spokesperson and “face” of the pantry. In addition, the ED works to collaborate with various non-profits, businesses, and government entities who share a common goal to feed the hungry and reduce food insecurity for School District 300.
The ED reports to the Board of Directors and collaborates with the Food Pantry Manager, Facility Manager, Marketing Manager, Volunteer Coordinator and various committees.
The Executive Director should be willing to dedicate 25-30 hours per week in this role. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
- Actively seek funding opportunities, including grant writing, donor interactions, fundraising campaign development and management.
- Establish a sustainable corporate sponsorship program.
- Seek development, marketing, and awareness opportunities to sustain, Enhance, and expand organizational reach within our community.
- Provide point of key contact and manage relationships for all community partners including CUSD 300, NIFB, Chambers of Commerce, governmental bodies, businesses, and other non-profit/service organizations.
- 2-5 Years Experience in an Executive Director role, another non-profit Leadership role, or in a professional managerial position.
- Experience writing grants and developing/maintaining fund raising programs, with an emphasis on corporate sponsorships.
- Knowledge of all social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and X (previously known as Twitter).
- A passion to help those in need.
- Ability to work collaboratively & effectively with others.
- Strong communications skills (all types including public speaking) and an adeptness for technology (all types).
- Ability to help cultivate and foster a collaborative, inclusive environment for all stakeholders.
- Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.